|Home Maintenance Tips |
Spring is the perfect time to take measures to prevent water damage and mold damage appearing on the inside and outside of your home.
These simple tips can prevent you from headaches caused by unexpected damage and save you time and money!
• Clean or replace furnace filters.
• Check water heaters for leaks and corrosion.
• Have roof inspected occassionally for damage.
• Remove dead trees in your yard.
• Have air-conditioning system inspected by a professional.
• Clean dryer's exhaust duct and space underneath. Remove all lint, dust, and debris.
• Check electrical outlets for potential fire hazards, such as frayed wires or loose plugs.
• Keep fire extinguishers in accessible places, and make sure to occassionally check that it is filled.
• Inspect and test smoke detectors. Make sure there is one on each floor of your home.
• Check light bulbs in all home fixtures. Check that they are the correct wattage for the appliance.
• Replace all high-intensity bulbs with fluorescent bulbs.
• Clean gutters and downspouts to keep debris from accumulating.
• Keep healthy trees and bushes trimmed and away from utility wires.
• Safely store oil and gas for lawn equipment and tools in a vented, locked area.
• Repair cracked, broken or uneven pavement to provide a level walking surface.
Mold Removal Chicago | Free Inspections! | http://bellatrestoration.com | (312) 351-5441