| Electrical Fire Prevention Tips |
There are many signs and ways to prevent a you can look out for before a electrical fire. Look out for these hazards in and around your home.
• Make sure cords are not frayed or cracked, placed under carpets or rugs, or placed in high traffic areas. Do not nail or staple them to walls, floors or other objects.
• Overloading a socket is one of the ways electrical fires can start, so prevent this by using adaptors safely.
• Only use one adaptor per socket
• Check the rating of the adaptor before you plug appliances in. Bar adaptors with leads are better than block adaptors.
• Keep appliances away from flammable items.
• When plugging appliances in, make sure you keep flammable items away. A good rule of thumb is to have three feet between appliances and flammable items at all times.
Mold Removal Chicago | Free Inspections! | http://bellatrestoration.com | (312) 351-5441